Last Updated on 2 weeks by Admin
Linda Hunt Biography
Linda Hunt is an American film, stage, and television actress. After making her film debut playing Mrs. Oxheart in Popeye (1980), her breakthrough came playing the male character Billy Kwan in The Year of Living Dangerously (1982), for which Hunt won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, becoming the first person to win an Oscar portraying a character of the opposite sex.
Hunt has had great success in films such as The Bostonians in 1984, Dune in 1984, Silverado in 1985, Eleni in 1985, Waiting for the Moon in 1987, She-Devil in 1989, Kindergarten Cop in 1990, If Looks Could Kill in 1991, Rain Without Thunder in 1992, Twenty Bucks in 1993, Younger and Younger in 1993, Prêt-à-Porter in 1994, Pocahontas in 1995, The Relic in 1997, Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World in 1998, Dragonfly in 2002, Yours Mine and Ours in 2005 and Stranger than Fiction in 2006.
She also had a successful television career. Hunt played Rose in the television movie Basements in 1987 and narrated in the television movie The New Chimpanzees. Hunt guest-starred on Hallmark Hall of Fame in both year 1978 and 1987, Space Rangers in 1993, Carnivale in both 2003 and 2005, Without a Trace in 2008, The Unit in 2008, and Nip Tuck in 2009. From year 1997 to 2002, she played the recurring role of Judge Zoey Hiller on The Practice. She is currently portraying Henrietta “Hetty” Lange on the CBS television series NCIS: Los Angeles, a role she has held since the 2009 debut, for which she has received two Teen Choice Awards. Hunt is also the narrator in the God of War video game franchise.
Linda Hunt Age|How Old Is Linda Hunt
Lydia was born on April 2, 1945 in Morristown, New Jersey. She is 74 years old as of year 2019.
Linda Hunt Photo
Linda Hunt Family
She was born on April 2, 1945 in Morristown, New Jersey.She is the daughter to Her father, Raymond Davy Hunt who died in 1985, who was vice president of Harper Fuel Oil and her mother, Elsie Doying Hunt who also died in1994, who was a piano teacher who taught at the Westport School of Music, and performed with the Saugatuck Congregational Church Choir in Westport, Connecticut, where Hunt was raised. Hunt has one sibling, an older sister named Marcia who was born in 1940.
Linda Hunt Movies And Tv Shows|Filmography|Roles
- 1980 – Popeye as Mrs. Holly Oxheart
- 1982 – The Year of Living Dangerously as Billy Kwan
- 1984 – Dune as Shadout Mapes
- 1985 – Eleni
- 1987 – Waiting for the Moon as Alice B. Toklas
- 1989 – She-Devil as Hooper
- 1990 – Kindergarten Cop as Miss Ingrid Schlowski
- 1991 – If Looks Could Kill as Ilsa Grunt
- 1992 – Rain Without Thunder as Atwood Society Director
- 1993 – Younger and Younger as Frances
- 1994 – Prêt-à-Porter as Regina Krumm
- 1995 – Pocahontas as Grandmother Willow
- 1997 – The Relic as Dr. Ann Cuthbert
- 1998 – Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World as Grandmother Willow
- 2002 – Dragonfly as Sister Madeline
- 2005 – Auschwitz: The Nazis and the ‘Final Solution’ as Narrator
- 2006 -Stranger Than Fiction as Dr. Jill Mittag-Leffler
- 2007 – The Singing Revolution as Narrator
- 2018 – Solo: A Star Wars Story as Lady Proxima
- 1978 – Fame as Mona
- 1987 – Basements as Rose Hudd
- 1993 – Space Rangers as Commander Chenault
- 1997–2002 – The Practice as Judge Zoey Hiller
- 1998–2006 – The American Experience as Narrator
- 2003–2005 – Carnivàle as Management—voice
- 2006 – Nature as Narrator
- 2007 – The Unit as Dr. Eudora Hobbs
- 2008 – Without a Trace as Dr. Claire Bryson
- 2009–present – NCIS: Los Angeles as Henrietta “Hetty” Lange
- 2011, 2012 – Teen Choice Awards – Herself
- 2014 – Scorpion as Henrietta “Hetty” Lange
- 1972 – Hamlet as Player
- 1975 – Ah, Wilderness! as Norah
- 1983 – Little Victories – N/A
- 1984 – End of the World as Audrey Wood
- 1985 – Aunt Dan and Lemon as Aunt Dan
Linda Hunt Awards
- Australian Film Institute Jury Prize
- Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress: Action
- AACTA Award for Best Supporting Actress
Linda Hunt Retiring
Linda’s statement which said that as they get older as actress, there are phases of life that they enter into, and being an actress just is n’t fun anymore people thought that she wanted to exit from being an actress but this was just a thought since she is still an actress.
Linda Hunt Death
Linda is alive not dead since she is still healthy and energetic.
Linda Hunt Net Worth
Hunt as a net worth of $6 million dollars.
Husband|Linda Hunt Karen Kline|Spouse| Partner| Married| Husband|Children
Since 1978 Hunt has been in a relationship with psychotherapist Karen Kline. They were married in 2008. They currently live in a historic neighborhood in Hollywood, California with their pet dogs, in an early 20th century American Craftsman style home.
Linda Hunt Incredibles
In the Incredible people mistake Edna being Linda Hunt. Someone said that in the movie Hunt looks exactly like Edna, same head/face shape, same nose, lips, same hair, same height, same shape and color of glasses.
Linda Hunt Billy Kwan|The Year Of Living Dangerously
Linda stars as the male dwarf Billy Kwan, in The year of Living Dangerously a romantic drama film directed by Peter Weir and co-written by Weir and David Williamson adapted from Christopher Koch’s 1978 novel The Year of Living Dangerously. This role made Hunt won the 1983 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Is Linda Hunt Sick
Hunt was hospitalized after she was involved in a minor traffic accident on Monday 1st 2018. But later she reported that she was recovering and she didnt suffer serious injuries. She thanked all well wishers and promised to be back and start production on NCIS: Los Angeles next summer.
According to the reports Hunt was making a left turn when the black BMW SUV she was driving collided with two cars. People who witnessed the accident said that Hunt struck a sedan and then collided with Honda SUV TMZ. She was visibly shaken and she was escorted to a lawn chair on the sidewalk.
Linda Hunt Academy Award
Hunt role as the male Chinese-Australian photographer Billy Kwan, she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in 1983 becoming the first person to win an Oscar for Playing a character of the opposite sex.
Linda Hunt Ncis Los Angeles Leaving
Linda Hunt’s character as Hetty Lange in NCIS: Los Angeles is not leaving. The reason why she was only a voice participant in the season 10 premiere its because she had a car accident during summer.
Linda Hunt Silverado
Hunt is the supporting cast feature of Silverado a 1985 American western film produced and directed by Lawrence Kasdan, written by Kasdan and his brother Mark. It stars Kevin Kline, Scott Glenn, Danny Glover and Kevin Costner. The supporting cast features Brian Dennehy, Rosanna Arquette, John Cleese and Jeff Goldblum.
Linda Hunt Disease|Health|Syndrome|Turner
Linda has Turner’s Syndrome. Her condition has caused her to only grow to be four feet and nine inches tall. Despite living with Turner’s Syndrome, she has grown to be a well-known celebrity. Hunt did not let her condition inhibit her career as an actress. She is known to be an inspiration for women with Turner’s Syndrome that aspire to achieve their goals in life.
As teenager, she was diagnosed as having hypopituitary dwarfism.
Linda Hunt Ethnicity
Linda was is an American who was born in Morristown, New jersey. Together with her husband they live in an early 20th century American Craftsman style home.
Linda Hunt Height And Weight
A person of short stature, Hunt stands at just 1.45 meters, or 4 feet 9 inches tall.